IS YOUR SCHOOL BEHIND THE TIMES? DO YOU WISH YOUR SCHOOL WAS MORE INCLUSIVE OF LESBIAN-GAY-BISEXUAL-TRANSGENDER-QUEER PEOPLE?
Have Ryan Cassata present at your school!
- The Transgender 101 presentation consists of Ryan Cassata’s personal coming out story from lesbian to transgender man along with the battles Cassata faced in High School. Ryan shares his story through words and through original song. This workshop will also include a detailed explanation of transgender key terms. -
Presentation Topics Include:
- creating positive change in your school/community
- coming out to parents/friends/family
- coming out in school
- gender dysphoria
- bullying and it’s negative affects
- struggles as a trans* student & how to overcome
- surgeries & hormones & legal name change
- transgender & the media
- suicides in the LGBT community
- Q&A session
- original music
- trans* vocabulary & terms
GOALS: The goals of this presentation are to educate and inform others about the transgender and gender variant community. This workshop will provide insight to what it’s like to be transgender. This presentation will inspire others to stand up against bullying. Audience members will be provided with enough information to clearly explain gender difference to those who do not understand it. This will help the transgender community in the fight for equality. Lastly this workshop will help transgender people to come out and gain the confidence they need to succeed. This workshop will give all people (trans or not) hope to make positive change and live a happier and healthier life.
Who is Ryan Cassata?
Ryan Cassata, age 19, has dedicated his life to bring equality to the transgender community. Ryan believes that by educating and by being open about his personal story he could successfully raise awareness for the transgender community and bring peace closer. Cassata has been speaking at schools and conferences since the young age of fourteen. Since then Ryan has shared his story with thousands, written music for film, played the world’s biggest lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender music festivals, and appeared on the Larry King Live Show & The Tyra Banks Show. Ryan Cassata was selected to speak at the biggest transgender conference in the US, the Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference, becoming the youngest speaker to ever take the keynote role. Cassata won the Harvey Milk Memorial Award for the positive change he made in his high school and community.
(Include your first name, school name and location in the email)